Friday, November 17, 2006

Life ain't THAT bad..

... or is it? Umm... don't really know... but I'd like to think it isn't!

I mean, I've got a roof over my head, a well paying job (even if no work to do at the moment), a supportive family, independence, a cosy little place of my own, lots of books that still need reading, music to listen to, and friends I can fall back on... definitely sounds like a recipe for a decent life.

Sure, I'm bored and a little lonely right now, and maybe a little confused about where I'm going... but isn't the quest really what life is all about? I keep reminding myself that as long as I have a brain that's working and the will to enjoy life, what can stop me from making my life what I want it to be - happy?

Much as I know all of this, and believe it too, it does become a tad bit difficult to remember it always. But I've found someone, who never ever fails to reinforce my belief that life is not all that bad, after all... We just need to open our eyes and welcome the blessings we receive with open arms. Clare has a blog 'Three Beautiful Things' in which she posts the three beautiful things she finds each day. Its been a fortnight now since I found her blog (I've added a link to her blog here), and each day I wait eagerly for her to post her '3BT's as she calls them.

I did not think it was possible, indeed, I had rubbished the very concept, that anyone would be able to inspire me to such an extent. I've found pleasure in reading her blog, and solace too. I'm pretty sure her life can't possibly be as easy and as positive as she makes it sound, but I guess that's what gives me a boost - her insistance on focussing only on the beauty. She has started a 3BT movement of sorts, and its heartening to see the number of people who are involved in it. I've followed her and others' 3BT blogs for a while now, and thought of joining in. To be honest, I have been thinking about having my own 3BT blog for the whole week now, but resisted it for the foolish reason that I did not want to be a copy cat! Today, I've finally seen sense, and am joining the positive wave with Life ain't THAT bad. Wish me luck!

The day's only half done and I've already found three beautiful things. What are your Three Beautiful Things for today?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Due to lack of my own sweet precious time (am hardworking while at work you see ;-) ), I am limiting my bountiful self and imagination that comes from being me to ONLY three beautiful things...

1. Got hooked to a song by some rather not so famous, Gabriel Mann. (But who the heck cares if he is on the charts as long as he makes that lovely music!!!)

Three reasons why the song is awesome:

ONE - The lyrics are simple but poignant and thats the reason why I cannot stop listening to it. (I sure can sing with him :-) :-( )

TWO - The bgm is great. The music is not overdone. The opening piece, in particular, is what I like the best about the song.

THREE - The vocalist has a simple voice. Neither has the charm of an Elton John or the energy of Paul McCartney, but is rather normal and I still liked it.

Too bad they dont sell this record at the pharmacies! :-)

2. The sun rose today and I saw it :-)

3. There was oil spilled on a pavement puddle and I marveled at the beauty of colours it had formed while I leaped across the slushpool to make sure I did not mess up my boots.

Pradeep Varadan said...

Wish you the very best of luck ...( as requested )..

What are you doing in pune ? Drop me an email ..long time since I spoke to you

cheers,
P

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog today - nice! My 3BT's are:

1. Having lunch for the first time with a new friend, and discovering we have so much in common
2. Getting a ride home from work from my other half instead of having to slip-slide across the icy sidewalks five blocks to the bus stop.
3. Learning of more work that I can take on, that is something I really like to do.

Thanks for making me think of the positive today ! PS I love Clare's blog too.