Friday, June 08, 2007

Loyalty Bonus?



This is an actual conversation that happened between me and a sales rep who called me up, trying to sell a credit card.

Me: Hello

Sales Rep: Is this Miss Rashmi?

Me: Yes.

SR: Hello Ma'm. I'm calling from Standard Chartered Bank. Can take a few minutes of your
time?

Me: Is this about some credit card?

SR: Yes Ma'm. Actually, we're offering you a...

Me: (cutting in) I had a Stan C card earlier, but I returned it because I got some really bad service. I don't want another Standard Chartered card.

SR: Hmmpphh! We're not even going to give you a credit card! Standard Chartered is a good company! Thank you and good bye!

Click.

My jaw literally dropped. I've touched new lows with this conversation...

I only hope, for the poor girl's sake that the call was not recorded. But I wonder - would Stan C offer her a loyalty bonus?

No comments: